The Co-op relies on the volunteer work of our members to continue offering great prices and a wide variety of items. We do not require members to volunteer, but we ask that you give of your time, if possible. The co-op would not be possible without our volunteers!
- Members receive a 10% discount on the normal markup on the order for which they volunteer. (Normal mark up is 20%.)
- We have a number of volunteer roles to suit the lifestyles of our members. Some of our roles can be done completely from home, during evenings and/or weekends.
- Many of our volunteer opportunities occur on the day of pickup. Our work schedule on pickup day starts at 9:00 AM and runs until 7:00 PM at night. Most volunteer slots are two-hour shifts with specific tasks.
- We also look for specialized knowledge and skills from time to time. If you can not find a fit within what we are currently offering let us know of a trade, knowledge or experience you have and we will keep it in our database for when we need it.
- We love for all of our members to volunteer, so we encourage you to please find a job/time that works for you. And we welcome any member of your family to volunteer their time! The more volunteers we have, the smoother the co-op runs.
- Volunteer discounts are per day and per family. If multiple family members volunteer and work more than one shift, the work translates into one discount for the family per order.
Order Cycle Specific:
|Dry Goods Sorter||Help inventory and sort most of the dry goods ordered by members.||3 hours; 9:30 to 12:30 AM, Tuesday before pick up day|
|Delivery Volunteer||Help sort and put away all vendor deliveries.||2 hours; 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM on pickup day|
|Pre-Sorting Volunteer||Help count, sort and organize all produce and prepare pickup room for members to arrive.||2 hours; 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM or 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM on pickup day|
|Pickup Volunteer||Help gather dairy items and orient members during checkout when they arrive for pickup.||2 hours; 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM or 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM on pickup day|
|Clean Up Volunteer||Help clean up and prepare the Co-op space for our next pick up.||1.5 hours; 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM on pickup day|
At-Home Roles that are Available or Ongoing:
|Cheese Sorting and Labeling||Receive cheese orders at your home, sort weighted cheese by ordering member, and enter weights into the software. Sorted orders will need to be dropped off at the co-op between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM on pickup day. The cheese normally arrives the Tuesday before pickup.|
|Frontier Sorter||Receive the Frontier order at home and sort it by ordering member. Sorted orders will need to be dropped off at the co-op between the hours of 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM on pickup day. Frontier orders normally arrive the Monday before pick up.|
|Handyman/woman||Help with the upkeep of the co-op as well as the equipment. We need people who are knowledgeable in refrigeration, AC, building, plumbing, etc.|
|Specialized Jobs||From time to time we are in need of legal and accounting advise.|
How to Volunteer
- Access our volunteer sign-up page:
- Find the order date and time for which you would like to volunteer. There will be tabs at the bottom of the sign up page for each order. Jobs that are not yet assigned will have an ‘Unassigned’ note next to the time slot.
- Enter your name next to the desired job. Simply click into the cell with the ‘Unassigned’ note and type your name and then email address in the adjacent cell.
- Arrive for your shift. You will receive an email confirmation prior to the order with your name listed in the time slot for which you signed up. Please arrive for your shift ten minutes prior to the listed start time.
- Cancellations – if you have an emergency and will need to cancel, we ask that you try and find a replacement. If you can not please let us know as soon as possible so we can cover the time slot.