Savannah Food Co-op Terms of Service
Our system works because we the members of Savannah Food Co-op take pride and responsibility for making it work. By joining the co-op, you agree to follow these Terms of Service:
Pay For Your Order
- Each order is a legally enforceable contract to pick up and pay for the groceries ordered. You are obligated to pay for the items you order that are delivered to our pickup location unless delivered to you damaged, spoiled, or broken.
- Everything in your online shopping basket when the order cycle closes is an order for those products. Our software does not have a “check-out” page – when you place something in your shopping cart, it stays there until you remove it. You can remove or add items up to the close of the order cycle.
- All orders must be paid before by 3pm on the Monday before Delivery Day. Prompt payment is a condition of membership.
- Additional items may be purchased at pick up – bring a check or credit card as we do not accept cash.
Pick Up Your Order
- When you order, pick up your groceries during the time specified.
- If an item spoils or loses quality because you did not pick it up promptly, you will still be expected to pay for it. It is your responsibility to know where to pick up your food and the hours the pick-up site is open.
- Our pick up site is 1106 E 59th St, Savannah GA, behind Savannah Tire at the corner of Waters Ave and E 59th St; our pickup time is every other Thursday from 2-6pm.
- We understand that emergencies happen on delivery day. If you have an emergency situation and cannot arrange for someone else to pick up your order, please call us as soon as possible at 912-373-6075. The earlier we know about a situation, the better we will be able to deal with it. We will do our best to hold your order for 48hrs, after that time it will be donated to a food bank.
- All orders that are not claimed during Pick Up from 2-6pm will be donated. If at that time there is a remaining balance to be paid, it will be moved forward to your next order.
Double Check Your Order
- Take the time to check thoroughly to make sure you get all of the items in your order. If an item isn’t there, report it when you check out, or via our online form, so your account can be properly credited.
- All claims for missing/damaged items must be made within 48hrs of pick up.
Keep Contact Information Current
- We encourage you to list cell phone numbers on your membership, so we can contact you directly on delivery day if there is a problem. If you change your email address, Contact Us to let us know.
- To protect the privacy of our members and the mission of the co-op we ask that all “sales” or “spam” be approved by the Managers before posting to the group. Any unapproved sales-related postings will be removed from the forum. If you have something you would like to sell or offer to the group please Contact Us.